The Greater Madison County Community Foundation currently has one granting cycle each year. We accept grant applications from charitable projects and programs impacting a wide range of needs in the community: arts/culture/humanities, human services, education, environment/animals, public/society benefit, health, and more.

For the first time in 2017, GMCCF added 5% interest from our Endowment Fund to the amount allotted by the state, bringing the total grant funds for 2017 to $111,200.

Each year, utilizing guidance on best practices from the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines, it is our intent to grant approximately 75% of those funds toward a few (two to four) larger projects, leaving 25% to fund smaller requests. In 2018, we will be able to grant at least $93,200.

Grant recipients must be either a 501 (c) (3) or a 170 (b) organization, or have an organization willing to serve as fiscal agent who is either of the aforementioned organizations.

The 2018 application is now open and available to download. The deadline for completion will be March 30th, 2018, at 4:00 pm.

Click links to download:

2018 Community Betterment Grant Application

Grant Application Checklist

Grant Evaluation Form

(To be returned upon completion of grant or project year-end, June 1.)

Applications are also available at:

City Halls in Bevington, Earlham, East Peru, Macksburg, Patterson, St. Charles, Truro and Winterset.

School District Offices in Earlham, I-35 (Truro) and Winterset.

Other locations: Madison County Auditor’s Office – Courthouse, and Madison County Development Group Office – Winterset.