The mission of the Greater Madison County Community Foundation is to promote a culture of giving and investing in Madison County for the benefit of our people.
Our Core Values
- Give back to Madison County.
- Foster pride in Madison County.
- Maintain equity in fund distribution.
- Maintain integrity in operations.
- Lead Madison County in a positive direction.
The purpose of the Greater Madison County Community Foundation is to be a vehicle for charitable giving capable of benefiting the entire county. Through the mechanism of endowment funds, we work with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to establish endowment funds that will provide ongoing benefits to the community for years to come. Through the establishment of the pass-through fund, the Foundation and its donors can facilitate capital campaigns and meet other immediate needs.
The mission of the foundation is to foster private giving, strengthen service providers and improve the conditions of the county. To this end, it will promote endowment building, grant making, organizational collaboration, public leadership and community for the benefit of Madison County.
The Greater Madison County Community Foundation was formed in 2003 as an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines. The founding members of the organization had a vision to ensure that the charitable programs in Madison County were supported now and in the future.
Advisory Board of Directors
The Greater Madison County Community Foundation is governed by a local advisory board of directors who are active in our local communities. Current directors include:
Tom Leners, Foundation Administrator, Winterset
Jerry Parkin, President, Earlham
Daniel Evans, Vice-President, Winterset
Mark Beatty, Treasurer, Earlham
Julie Feirer, Secretary, Winterset
Tina Burk, Winterset
Clayton Lowe, DC, Winterset
Jared McDonald, Winterset
Susan McDonald, Winterset
Darrel Mills, Winterset
Annie Nau, Winterset
Barbara Perkins, Macksburg
Jim Pottebaum, DVM, Winterset
Heather Riley, Winterset
Pat Sullivan, St. Charles
Dawn Vetter, St. Charles
Advisory Board Applications
The Greater Madison County Community Foundation continually seeks quality individuals for our advisory board of directors. Applications for new directors are reviewed annually in September. Potential directors will:
- Support our vision, core values and mission
- Serve either a two or three year term
- Serve with no compensation and embrace the significance of “giving back to the community”
- Be mindful of needs in Madison County and have a passion for making a difference
- Be available to meet approximately six times in full board and on call as needed during the year
- Be willing to promote the concept of “Leaving a Legacy”
- Understand that board participation does not enhance the likelihood of receiving grants
For more information or an application to join the advisory board of directors, contact Tom Leners, Foundation Administrator at (515) 462-1891.